Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Firefox 3 launch Goof up?

Many a times when techies talk about goof ups and product launches, they remember the OS crashing at the launch of Microsoft Windows 98, the video of which I have included just in case you forgot about it.

While that certainly is something which will probably rank first in the list of product launches and goof-ups, we have another one today.

Yes, today is Download Day. I did get the mail on time reminding me about the download. But there has been a goof up in this all hyped Guinness style product launch.

firefix-goofup1

As you can see in the above screen shot, I have showed you the mail which I got informing of the download time. There when I hover above the link download Firefox 3, I get the url on the status bar of the browser which I have encircled.

Now, when I go to the same url what do I get?

firefix-goofup2

Firefox 2?? You got to be kidding me!! And all we get is a sneak peek into Firefox 3, to test drive the latest version.

Probably, the guys at Mozilla were so busy counting the numbers pledged for the download that they forgot to make the to do list, or worse they made the to do list and forgot to update the page that the url redirects to.

I dont know what was the mistake and who made it, but you sure dont want to this to happen when you are publicizing the event with the Guinness tag attached to it!

So what do you guys think went wrong?

4 comments:

  1. Sassy boy good to see that your blog is being referred...sahi hai...

    ReplyDelete
  2. forwarded the link to the post just in case...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the blog...very nice description about Mozilla Firefox Technical Support...Good luck!!!
    Mozilla Firefox Technical Support please visit the link.

    Thankyou
    Lacy Brown

    ReplyDelete