Sunday, February 3, 2019

Hitting Targets

In any company, however big or small, one is always chasing targets.

Sales teams are chasing sales targets, engineering teams are chasing shipping targets.

If your startup is consistently missing targets, that is a sign of an underlying problem. Could be lack of product market fit or insufficient number of people on the team.

Focus on hitting targets. Start hitting targets. Get into the habit of hitting targets.

This weekend I again missed hitting a target I had set for myself. Some of it was to do with the fact that I faced some issues as I updated the node modules of the project. But surely not all of it.

I should think about why I am not following my own restrictions.

I am right now reminded of the penguins from Madagascar and their skipper saying. "Don't give me excuses, give me results"

In reality, I am completely burnt out.

The question is, what other option do I have but to carry on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment