Saturday, July 11, 2009

So it begins!

 

Yesterday was my last working day at HSC, the place where I started my career, just over three years ago. I still remember very well my first day. Its like it was just yesterday, but it wasn't. It was three years ago. It is said Einstein explained his Theory of Relativity to a lay person thus: If you are sitting for an hour on a park bench with someone you love, it seems like a minute; If you are sitting for a minute with someone you hate, it seems like an hour! How quickly these three years passed is unbelievable, so I guess I was having a nice time there.

So what now? Where to next? That only time will tell, but hopefully I will be able to achieve something of what I set out to achieve. Whatever it is, it is going to be the ride of a lifetime. You really can't take risks when you got other things to take care of. But I don't right now. So even if I hurt myself, which seems a very likely possibility, its fine. I can bounce back.  But lets hope I don't hurt myself that badly.

Whatever the case, I am going to write about it here! Share my experience of starting up, so that it may help and perhaps inspire others to take the leap of faith. Just like reading others' experience inspired me to. Hopefully it will be helpful.

I have a request for you though! If you read a post, please do  comment something. It motivates me to write when I know people are reading it. Plus, now I don't have company gossip or coffee breaks or office communicator to reach out to people. Starting can be get really lonely at times (more on that in another post). So please do comment and keep the interaction going.

To end, there were a lot of people who said/mailed a lot of "all the best" to me but there were two that will motivate me the most in the dark times.

They said:

 

"

Hope all your dreams come true. Good luck!

May the force be with you!

"

and the other one --

"

I would like to share a saying I came cross last week

“Life is a profound book. Other’s notes cannot replace your own understanding. May you find and create something new in it.”

"

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with whatever you want to do with your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks all for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this quote somewhere which says: "We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done."

    I say its time to let destiny judge you! Make us proud Sass.

    --yours truly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well taking risks is necessary to do something extraordinary. Now you are exposed to much larger problems, but better skills to empower youself. As the quote rightly said "others notes cannot replace your own understanding" ,i wish u are able to convert these understandings into performance which we can follow.
    Keep the torch burning,
    and as said"Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Shashi,
    I am reading this post almost 6 months after u have posted it...
    Hopefully, lot of water would have flown under the bridge by now... and lot of dry lands would have been wet by now :-) [I mean, u wud have experienced many new things by now]

    All the Best

    P.S.: Someone said,"WE CANNOT COMMIT ALL THE MISTAKES IN ONE LIFE, THEREFORE, WE SHOULD LEARN FROM OTHERS MISTAKES."

    ReplyDelete