Thursday, May 13, 2010

Freaky Facebook

 

I was absolutely freaked and startled moments ago. I was watching this pic by Bill Gates on twitpic. When suddenly I noticed a facebook badge for the fan page of KissMetrics on the page. See the screenshot below.

image

It suddenly struck me that I follow KissMetrics CEO Hiten Shah on twitter. Not on facebook, on twitter. Yet there it was, the facebook recommendation that I Like KissMetrics. How did facebook know what my twitter account is? How did it know that I follow Hiten? Why did I get the recommendation to follow KissMetrics and not anything else? Coincidence? I don’t think so.

I know information on twitter is visible to all. But this level of association freaked me out and left me with the above unanswered questions? Have you noticed anything similar?




No comments:

Post a Comment