Thursday, May 5, 2011

Marking Facebook Posts as Spam - Messaging Challenge

Every now and then, there will be a moron amongst your friends who will click on a link which will lead to spam posts on your wall. The latest one doing the rounds is that of a video of Osama Bin Laden being shot. 

3 such posts on my wall and I was fed up. I clicked to remove the post. One of the options that came up was Mark as Spam. The question then was - Will marking this post as spam result in all posts from that friend as spam? Or, will it result in no more Osama videos posts? Does marking my friends post as spam result in some adverse effect on friends' facebook profile? 

Is the messaging clear, or did anybody else have these doubts in a similar situation? 

PS:I totally forgive the news channels for the Osama - Obama typo. I made the same mistake in the second para. Luckily I spotted it before it was published. 

Posted via email from Random thoughts about tech and entrepreneurship

1 comment:

  1. Me too in ur league... I took the bold step of marking the post as spam (it was not the Osama video but something else)... Even I not sure whether only the post will be marked as spam or all the posts from that person... Never bothered to check

    Satyakam

    ReplyDelete